Sunday, December 12, 2010

Boxes Day


The English call the day after Christmas "Boxing Day" because they box up the food left over from their  Christmas feasts and go to each other's homes to have a second and more casual celebration.  Some people enjoy Dec. 26 more than Christmas day.

We are knee-deep in boxes and packing here, so I am having a "Boxes Day".   Working my way through the house, one room at a time, progress is being made, and the boxes are stacking up. 

Needless to say there is no time or need for a Christmas tree this year at our house.  But don't worry.  We realized back in October that we might be in the middle of packing during the holidays, so, we made plans then to take a road trip to the next state over and go to Grandma's house for the holidays.  We will meet up with the family there. 

Our big move will start when we return home and be complete by New Year's Day.  And then I get to have more "Boxes Days" when the unpacking begins.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jay,
    I found you on a Martha comment. You seem a kindred spirit with one exception...we up-sized. Kids come back and they bring kids. My daughter has 9 yr old twin boys. I've taken care of them since they were 6 mos old and she went back to work. I've lived part time in C'ville and Richmond VA to do this. Love university towns! Finally she moved back to Alexandria and after 2 houses here has bought our old house. So we moved up after living liked grad students for 30 some years. I'll be following your story.

    ReplyDelete