Friday, December 3, 2010

I Kissed A Girl....

And I liked it.  You know that line, right?  It's from the Katie Perry song that put her on the map.  Well, the girl I kissed is named Margarita as in the popular Skinnygirl Margarita.

 Skinnygirl Margarita is a company founded by reality star Bethenny Frankel.  (I know way too much about this.....)  She didn't actually invent margaritas, but she was smart enough to make a low-cal version and put it in a bottle.   It is so different from the margarita mixes we usually can buy because it absolutely tastes as if you just squeezed your own fresh limes and mixed them with some tequila and orange liquor.  I promise you, it is that good.

A regular margarita is loaded with calories.  Skinnygirl is loaded with taste.  It is made with agave nectar,  and  Blue Agave clear tequila and has only 100 calories.


I am a one-drink kind of gal.  So, if I am actually having a cocktail, I would like it to be one that tastes good.  If I can get the taste without all of the work, even better.  But, there is a problem here.  Skinnygirl Margaritas are not available in Kentucky where I live.  I had my drink in Syracuse while visiting the Newlyweds.  And with the three-ounce rule on airlines, it's not as if I can sneak a bottle through my carry-on when I fly home.



So, I guess the next time I want to sip a margarita and pretend I am in Cabo, I need to fly to Syracuse.

What's your drink of choice?  Please leave your answer in the comment section below.

Unfortunately, I was not paid by Skinnygirl Margarita to write this blog entry.

4 comments:

  1. My favorite cocktails are 1) vodka and diet tonic
    2) campari and soda
    3) I made an Ina-tinnis last night--very good
    4) the Perfect Manhattan, very old school,but fab
    5) a Faukland Island Warmer from Trader Vic's to
    beat the winter weather.
    6) a dirty martini

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1) Craft Beers
    2) Bourbon (Bulleit) on the rocks
    3) Dark 'n Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Margarita Mix sounds awesome. I'm gonna have to look for it in my travels. As far as my favorite cocktails:
    1)a very dry champagne-my fav!
    2)a very tart Sauvignon Blanc
    3)a really great Cosmo
    4)a great drink I discovered in the Virgin Islands called a Pain Killer!
    5)any yummy after dinner drink made w/ Baileys, creme de cacao, Godiva, etc. that resembles a liquid dessert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments. When you have a cocktail party, be sure to invite me.

    ReplyDelete