Thursday, December 30, 2010

Easy New Year's Eve Appetizer



These little guys will be one of two ingredients in a great New Year's Eve party treat.

Button up.  Yep. That is all you need to do to have a tasty, nutritious, low-calorie and thrifty treat for your family and guests on New Year's Eve.  This delight requires only two ingredients.

Marinated Mushrooms

1 or 2 cans of button mushrooms
1 small bottle of low-cal Italian dressing (I prefer Wish-Bone, but use your favorite)

Drain mushrooms and place in a bowl.  Add enough dressing to cover them.  Put in a storage container and refrigerate for at least four hours to allow the ingredients to marinate.

Serve in a pretty dish. I put some cocktail picks beside them to make picking up easier.

Everyone will think you worked much harder than you did to put this recipe together.  It will be our secret.

As Julia would say, "Bon appetite!"

Unfortunately, Wishbone did not pay me to mention their product.
Photo provided by Google Images.

3 comments:

  1. What an easier version than the Marinated Mushrooms I have been making since Grad School. When I get back to Lexington, I will share my much more labor intensive recipe with you. & Can't wait to get home and try this. I also use my left overs in veggie sandwiches. Try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love an easy recipe! I'll be trying this one soon! Thanks ~Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed looking thru your blog and have copied the slush recipe.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete